The last week has been full of exciting news. Here are a few links that caught my attention. If you find these links interesting, subscribe to the Dare To Code mailing list and get monthly emails with content like this.
- WordPress, the multi-billion dollar software industry that has us begging for money – This is an excellent piece about selling lifetime WordPress licenses, by The WP Minute. TLDR, selling lifetime licenses, is a substantial long-term loss.
- Twitter CEO/Founder Jack Dorsey resigns – Tech Twitter” will be all over the place with this bit of news. In the early days of Twitter, “Tech Twitter” was Twitter. Without Jack, it’s hard to say where we go from here.
- Fleet IDE – The new kid on the block just announced by JetBrains. In beta testing now, it promises to be fast and lightweight. VS Code has something to do with this push, I’m sure.
- PHP 8.1 Released – The newest version of PHP is here.
- A conversation on the future of PHP – How the PHP Foundation might impact the future of PHP.
- Container Query Polyfill – If you want container queries, check out this polyfill. The experimental Chrome implementation of means container queries may be here soon, and this polyfill is a great way to start testing the functionality out today.
- Which SVG technique performs best for way too many icons? – A great read if you want to optimize your SVG skills.