A key ingredient of learning is teaching. My distant mentor Jim Kwik taught me this principle.
Several months ago I used the teach-to-learn principle and I gave a talk covering CSS performance tips and tricks at my local PHP meetup.
These are some of the links I used to prepare for that talk.
- How rendering works on the web
- Empty image src can destroy your site
- Writing efficient CSS selectors
- Preloading content with rel=”preload”
- Harry Roberts: FaCSSt—CSS and Performance
- Smooth as Butter: Achieving 60 FPS Animations with CSS3
- A Case Study on Boosting Front-End Performance/
- A function for loading CSS asynchronously
- High-Performance Animations
- Mixins Better for Performance
- Silky Smooth Animation with CSS